Mt. Sipit Ulang + Payaran Falls

12:31:00 AM


This is so long overdue, I already posted this on my Facebook Page because I can't blog yet. But here it is now. 

The saying, "The mountains are calling and I must go." is indeed true. Whenever I feel the calling, I don't care whether I have or don't have a companion. Good thing there's always a friend who always feels the same itch! :) My friend Isay, we were hiking for a while now but haven't hiked together yet, that's why I'm happy to have her that day.

Location: Brgy. Mascap, Rodriguez, Rizal 
"Sipit Ulang" is derived from the rock formation at the summit's pinnacle which looks like a crab's claw. Arising at 251MASL, this mountain is best for a chill climb or a twin hike. 

HOW TO GET THERE:
📌 If you're coming from cubao, I believe there are jeepneys and UVs going to Rodriguez 
📌 If you're coming from Pasig, you can ride a Jeepney going to Marikina, alight in Ligaya and ride a jeeepney going to Sta lucia east. Take the footbridge going to Yellowcab and you'll easily find jeepneys with Montalban/Rodriguez sign on it.

 Alight in Montalban, walk towards Eastwood Tricycle Terminal, you can ask around because there are really no signs going to the terminal.
 Take a tricycle going to Brgy. Mascap





The first part of the trail is mostly covered with trees and bamboo, then you'll have to pass thru a cave, which is very dark and narrow. You might want to bring your headlamps, although the guides are very hands on on, giving you precautions so that you won't slip or hit your head on the rocks.


There are two trails to choose from namely the Banayad Trail which is the easier route and the Paniki Trail which offers a more challenging trek. Our guide didn't asked us and automatically led us to the latter. I guess he smells our hunger for adventure! The Great Wall of MASCAP, I believe is part of the Paniki Trail.



After about 2.5 hours of trekking, we reached the famous Sipit Ulang Rock Formation. Hiking the mountains on my bucket list is always worthwhile, always surreal that you get to be at the summits you once only see in photos.

Mountains Hapunang Banoi, Pamitinan, and Binicayan can be seen atop of Mt. Sipit Ulang



I always love the feeling above, I always feel renewed--indeed mountaineering has been my therapy for all the stress life has given.


This is our guide, Sir Bobby, skilled and trusty guide I must say. Outfit pa lang, you know he's ready for a hike. He'd always give us precautions while passing the cave, the narrow passages and while hiking the rock formations at the summit. He even told us that he already did an undecalogy hike.It's an eleven-mountain hike, take note, eleven mountains in like two or three days. I'll put his contact number together with the itinerary at the end of this post!

No gloves, no problemo!

My kind of high!


GOING TO PAYARAN FALLS


A dip at Payaran Falls is a recommended side trip after the hike. It's about an hour trek from jumpoff with river-crossing activity.







Braved ourselves to reach the basin and last layer of Payaran Falls even if we both don't know how to swim. 

Watch our travel video here:


Here's our sample itinerary and list of expenses for your reference: 

ITINERARY:

🔸0545 Tropical to Eastwood, Rodriguez
🔸0630 Eastwood to MASCAP / special trip
🔸0730 Start Trek
🔸1000 Summit 🗻
🔸1100 Descent
🔸1200 ETA Jumpoff/Eat Lunch 🍴
🔸1300 Start Trek to Payaran Falls 🍃
🔸1400 Payaran falls
🔸1530 Head back to jumpoff
🔸1630 ETA jumpoff/Wash up/Head back Home

EXPENSES:
Sta Lucia East vv Rodriguez P68
Eastwood vv MASCAP P75
Breakfast P25
Guide Fee P700/2=P350
Registration Fee P50
Bathroom Fee P20
Total: P588

CONTACT GUIDE: 
📎Sir Bobby 09366144396


Til our next hike! P.s Travel Video to follow! :)



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.